Jule Snap-Gels(TM) for 2D Electrophoresis
For the Ettan Dalt Six/Twelve, Bio Rad Protean Plus Dodeca Cell, Hoefer SE900 and Iso Dalt*
Available with Standard and Low Fluorescence Glass
Example of using the GE Cy Dyes to label proteins.
|See more gel photos: Click here!|
WHY NOT TRY SOME TODAY?
|The 3-color image above represents three different human kidney samples, which were loaded onto a single 10-20% gradient Jule Precast Gel. Each sample was labeled with a different fluorescent dye, then combined and loaded onto the same gel where the spot patterns overlapped perfectly. The gray images are the images for the three dyes from the same gel. Tip of the day: Both high and low molecular weight proteins are better resolved when the Ettan Dalt six and Ettan Dalt twelve buffer tank temperature is set at 25 degrees C (not 15 degrees C) Remove any liquid from top of gels before securing IPG strip in place with agarose (blot with filter paper, if necessary, but do not let top of gel become dry).|
4 STEPS TO SELECT GELS
- Low fluorescence glass plates or Regular Glass Plates (lower price)
- 1.0 mm gel thickness. Also available in 1.5mm thickness.
- Front Plate is 21.2 cm tall x 27.6 cm wide and the Back Plate is 21.7 cm tall x 27.6 wide.
- Gel is 25.5 cm wide.
- Ultra flat top for 2D electrophoresis, poured 1.0 cm from top of front plate.
- 38:1 Acrylamide:Bis ratio
- Fits into the Ettan Dalt Six and Twelve, BioRad Protean Plus Dodeca Cell System, Hoefer SE900, Iso-Dalt.
- Two month shelf life.
- Single or Gradient acrylamide concentrations (you specify).
- Bind Silane can be applied to one of the glass plates. Gel adheres to the glass plate which contains Bind Silane. Ideal for spot picking. There is a $5.00 charge per Gel for Bind Silane. Please specify whether to apply Bind Silane to the tall glass plate or the short glass plate when ordering. Jule, Inc. has greatly improved the adherence of Bind Silane.
- Spot Picker Reference Markers (2 markers) can be attached to the glass plate containing Bind Silane. See Markers (circular dots) that were applied the glass plate/Gel (below) at the left and right edges, near the spacers. There is no extra charge for the 2 Markers. The Markers help to establish reference points for spot picking.
- 19:1 Acrylamide:Bis Ratio (38:1 is standard).
- Standard glass (less expensive). See Gel Prices, step 3:
|The above Jule Snap-A-Gel Cassettes will fit and run in the equipment shown below.|
|Ettan Dalt SIX||Ettan Dalt Twelve||Hoefer SE900||Iso Dalt (Hoefer/GE)|
Iso-Dalt users should request enlarged spacer
Below are some items which can help you in your work (click on image to learn more).